A long time ago I stumbled upon Thorsten Schlüter’s post about building a Arduino based midi controller (link) the MIDI Mule. Even-though his building skills exceed mine in almost every way I wanted more. More functionality that is. Nonetheless, his projects was the foundation for my own iteration of a Midi Controller because I wanted different things and add more options!
One of the things I’ve always been looking for in Midi Controllers is ease of use. So I decided to build one, using Thorsten’s setup as a base that would do what I want it to do. The main thing I wanted was to set my pedals up the way I want them then press and hold a button on my midi controller. Tadaaa preset saved.
- MIDI In and Out;
- Control Multiple pedals;
- Read the current presets of my pedals;
- Store the current presets as a preset on the MidiMaster;
- Access the looper on my Strymon TimeLine;
- Save last preset across power-cycles.
- Multiple banks;
- Optional, a backlit display
Stay tuned for more on the actual coding, build and demo.